A club sandwich is a delicious deli classic, and it is so easy to make yourself at home.
My summer of no-cook recipes continues! This one is a classic, and is was always one of my favorite deli orders growing up – a classic club sandwich.
Report this ad
I remember ordering this from Chappy’s Deli in Montgomery, AL where I grew up. Any Chappy’s fans in the house? I also have memories of ordering this from the snack bar at the pool. So it totally reminds me of summer.
It is really very simple to make too. And during summer, you can totally pass this off as dinner.
What to serve with a club sandwich
If you want to give this meal an extra oomph, serve it with a side of classic potato salad, Greek potato salad, air fryer French fries or baked sweet potato fries. Or a side of cold watermelon chunks, if you are feeling the chill, no-cook vibes.
How to make a club sandwich
The first step is to start of with the most tasty ingredients you can find. I am totally a Trader Joe’s girl over here. So most of my ingredients came from there.
Pro tip: I use the Trader Joe’s pre-cooked bacon too (not pictured). I did give it a minute in the toaster oven to crisp up. Pretty much every grocery store has their version of this short-cut.
Tip 2: I toast the bread and then let it cool for a couple minutes. Why? If you build your sandwich on piping hot toast, it will wilt your lettuce.
More Recipes You May Enjoy
I guess toasting technically counts as cooking. But! I have also made this not toasted, and it is still delicious!
Okay, then I spread mayo on the cooled toast and start assembling everything. After mayo, I start with lettuce and tomato, and I always salt and pepper the tomatoes.
Put one of the slices of bread, mayo side down, on top. Then spread a little mayo on the other side, and begin stacking your meats and cheese.
Place the last piece of bread, mayo side down, on the top. And then cut into triangles with a well-sharpened knife, using toothpicks to hold everything into place.
I didn’t have any of the fancy toothpicks, so I just used plain ones. Use the fancy ones if you wish!
Then! To up your club sandwich’s visual game, simple turn everything on its side so that all the pretty layers show.
Glory be! Time to eat up! I hope y’all enjoy this simple recipe.
5 from 1 vote
Club Sandwich (Turkey, Ham, Bacon)
A club sandwich is a delicious deli classic, and it is s easy to make yourself at home. Turkey, ham, bacon, Colby jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo on wheat toast.
Keyword classic club, club sandwich, clun sandwich recipe
Prep Time 10 minutes
Toast time 2 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
Calories 452 kcal
Author Marjorie @APinchOfHealthy
- 3 slices wheat bread (or bread of choice)
- 2 Tablespoons mayo (I recommend Duke’s, Hellmann’s or Trader Joe’s)
- tomato slices
- salt and pepper to taste (on the tomatoes)
- 2 ounces sliced deli ham
- 2 ounces sliced turkey
- 2 slices bacon cooked
- 1 slice Colby jack cheese (or cheese of choice – cheddar and Swiss work great too)
Powered by Chicory
- Toast your bread, if you wish, and allow it to cool for a few minutes. This helps to avoid wilted lettuce.
- Spread the 3 pieces of cooled toast with mayo.
- On one slice, add your lettuce and tomato. Go ahead and add a little salt and pepper to those tomatoes.
- Put a 2nd piece of bread, mayo side down, on the sandwich. Then add a little more mayo to the top of that piece.
- Next, stack your meat and cheese, and top with the last slice of bread, mayo side down.
- Use a well-sharpened knife to cut the sandwich into triangles, using toothpicks to hold everything together.
- To up the visual game of your club sandwich, turn everything on its side to show all the pretty layers.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
I like using pre-cooked bacon for simplicity sake. We like the Trader Joe’s pre-cooked nitrate free bacon the best.
Be sure and let your toast cool a few minutes before building the sandwich. This will keep the lettuce crisp.
A well-sharpened knife is your best friend for this recipe. It will make the layers look really pretty and slice through the sandwich without squishing it too much.
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.
Club Sandwich (Turkey, Ham, Bacon)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 452Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 9g56%
Vitamin A 565IU11%
Vitamin C 5.9mg7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.