Good Exercises to Slim Down
So you want to lose weight? Decided on your workout regime yet? No? You have come to the right place! Get ready for a fabulous workout regime that will help you in your weight loss journey.
There are plethora of weight loss exercises to choose from, but to zero in on the exercises that will work for you, depends on your weight loss goals, your age and your general health. Effective weight loss exercises are essential for a healthy weight loss program. Eating healthy and doing the right exercises will give you faster and effective results.
1. The Chin Lift:
The chin lift can stretch and tone the muscles of the face area like jaw, neck and throat. To do the chin lift, follow some simple steps:
- Stand with the spine erect.
- Tilt the head back and look toward the ceiling.
- Pucker the lips tightly, like you want to kiss the ceiling.
- Avoid moving any other facial muscle while doing this exercise; only use your lips.
- Hold the lips in this puckered position for a 5 counts and release.
- Repeat this exercise 6 to 10 times in a row.
2. The Neck Roll:
The neck roll can tone and stretch the muscles near the jaw, throat and neck. This also helps in releasing tension from the shoulders and eases pain. Follow these steps to do the neck roll exercise:
- Sit with an erect spine.
- Turn the head to one side till your chin touches the shoulder, inhale.
- You should look to one side.
- While exhaling, gently roll the head downward till your chin is resting on the chest.
- Keep the spine erect and the shoulders squared.
- While inhaling, slowly lift the head back up, till the chin touches your other shoulder. You should look to the other side.
- Repeat this full neck roll 6-10 times.
3. The Jaw Release:
The jaw release exercise can tone and stretch the muscles of the face. Do the jaw release exercise as shown below:
- Stand with the spine erect.
- Inhale deeply; exhale slowly.
- Hum with the lips closed tightly.
- While doing this, move the jaw in a chewing motion.
- Once you have exhaled, open the mouth as wide as you can.
- Inhale and exhale from the open mouth along with an “ahh” sound.
- Rest your tongue tip gently on the back of the lower teeth to relax the jaw.
- Repeat these steps 5 to 10 times.
4. Platysma Exercise:
The Platysma is a big muscle that runs from the jaw line to the shoulder. Chin and throat exercises helps to keep this muscle firm, strong, and toned:
- Sit with an erect spine.
- Pull the lips towards your teeth.
- Turn the corners of the mouth downward.
- Open your mouth and activate the muscles of the jaw.
- Keep the lips pressed very firmly to the teeth and corners of mouth turned down.
- Your neck tendons should stand out.
- Wiggle the lower jaw 5 – 10 times.
- Repeat this 5 – 10 times to tone the Platysma.
5. Bicycle Crunch:
Yet another exercise that works wonders on your abs. Do it right and you’ll have fab abs sooner than you think: Don’t forget to include this one of the best weight loss exercises at home!
- Lie flat on your back with the hands on your ears
- Elevate the legs to a 90-degree angle,
- Bring the left knee towards the chest
- Twist the right elbow to meet it.
- Repeat this exercise on the other side.
6. Russian Twist:
The Russian twist is a great way to tone your ab muscles. How to do it? Simply follow these steps:
- Sit in an erect position with your feet bend at the knees and feet lying flat on the floor.
- Lean back a little with an erect back and get to a comfortable position, while contracting the abs muscles.
- Stretch the arms out and twist your torso from one side to another.
7. Barbell Squat:
This exercise targets to lose weight at Muscle Groups such as the legs. Another great weight loss exercises to do at home!
To do this exercise, follow these steps:
- Keep the feet firmly on the floor; they should be wider than shoulder-width.
- Rest a racked barbell on the upper portion of your back.
- Take the bar 1 foot outside your shoulders.
- Step outwards from barbell rack.
- Take your shoulders back and tighten your core.
- Gently squat downwards till your quads are parallel.
- Move upwards to a full standing position.
- Wait for one second, and repeat.
8. Dumbbell Swing:
Dumbbell swing exercise will help you lose fat on the shoulders. Follow these directions to do this exercise correctly:
- Stand with your feet apart, they should be wider than shoulder-width.
- Place a dumbbell on the floor.
- Gently squat down, tighten the core, and take the dumbbell with the palm facing the body.
- Keep your back straight, lift the legs upward and swing the dumbbell to the ceiling at eye level.
- Maintain a good posture.
- Lower the weight back to the floor in one swift motion.
- Do 12 reps and repeat for your other arm.
This is the best exercise to lose weight near the gluts, quads, calves and abs. One of the best weight loss exercises at home!
- Stand and keep the feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend the hips and knees.
- Stop when the thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Get back to the start position.
10. Mountain Climber:
This exercise is best to lose fat near body parts such as the abs, gluts, quads, and hamstrings.
- Kneel down.
- Keep the hands in line, but they should be little wider than the shoulders.
- Straighten the left leg and lift the right knee towards the chest.
- Stand on the balls of the feet.
- Repeat these steps with the other leg as many times as comfortable.
11. Underhand Grip Pull-Ups:
This is a useful exercise that can help lose fat near the lats, biceps, forearms and abs.
- Take a pull-up bar and grab it with your hands.
- Hang on the bar with the elbows straight.
- You can adjust the grip to be comfortable.
- Bend the elbows to pull the chest towards the bar.
- Bend over the bar for a second.
- Now, gently lower yourself to the initial position.
This is the best exercise to tone your shoulders, chest, triceps, and abs.
- Lie with your face down and the hands near the shoulder.
- Keep the arms straight, without locking them.
- Bend the elbows to lower down to the floor.
- Then straighten your elbows to push back up to the start.
Hope this article was informative and gave you the information you needed to fix on your workout regime.